Bachelor Hospitality Management
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Semester: 6 semesters
- ECTS: 180 ECTS
- Course language: English
- Study type: full-time, on campus
- Intake: Spring & Autumn
- Campus: Bad Honnef
The Fascination of Hospitality!
Enter the fascinating world of hospitality management. Lay a solid foundation for your career in the global industry of hospitality and tourism.
In this degree programme you learn about managerial aspects of this business from the ground up. Small classes and practical projects ensure a high quality education and the necessary practical relevance.Facts & Figures
Hospitality Management / Int. Hospitality Management
Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) / Double Bachelor
Duration: 6 semesters / 7 semesters
Credits: 180 ECTS / 210 ECTS
Language: English / English
Type of study: full-time / full-time
Internship: 1 semester in Germany or abroad / 1 semester in Germany or abroad
Study abroad: 1 semester (optional, performance-related) / 2 semesters at one of our partner universities
Campus: Bad Honnef / Bad Honnef
Intake: Spring & Autumn / Spring & Autumn
Why should I study Hospitality Management at IUBH?
International campus with students and professors from more than 85 nations
Theory & practice
Theory and practice closely linked through case studies, projects, certificates and internships
Lectures in English and intensive exchanges with professors and fellow students
Top-class network of industry contacts for internships and careers at home and abroad
Instruction in small groups given by lecturers with track records of practical experience
Training as an expert with the main focus on relevant areas, with a range of choices
Unique study programme with a high rate of recognition in the industry
Founding member of the renowned professional association "Hotel Schools of Distinction"
Set your personal focus:
During your studies, you can chose one of the following specialisations:
What are the professional prospects as an Hospitality Manager
- Integrated Hospitality Management
- Sustainable Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Destination Management
- Human Resource Management
After graduation you have a wide range of possibilities for starting your career in Germany or abroad. Potential employers include international hotel chains, holiday and club resorts, conference and trade fair organisers, business consultancies or specialised service providers in the hospitality industry.Order of study - Overview
- Service Operations & Organisation
- Practical Training I
- Financial Accounting
- Research and Academic Writing
- Foreign Language I
- Human Resource Management
- Rooms Division Management
- Practical Training II
- Business Communication
- Management & Cost Accounting
- Computer Analysis
- Foreign Language II
- Kitchen Management
- Restaurant Management
- Financial Management
- Business Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Foreign Language III
- Internship in Germany or Abroad
- Hospitality Sales & E-Commerce
- Business & Marketing Research
- Academic Research II
- Current Issues in Information Technology
- Hospitality Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Seminar in Food and Beverage
- Project Management
6th SemesterThe curriculum covers various core elements
General business management
- integrated service management, accounting, microeconomics and macroeconomics as well as mathematics and statistics
- different management approaches and distribution methods
- in-depth understanding and assessment of business correlations
- practice-related courses help you to thoroughly understand the hospitality industry
- detailed knowledge of specific management topics – restaurant management, food & beverage management, room management, law and human resources
- communication training
- computer applications
- in-depth foreign language skills in general and business English
- second foreign language: Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic
- the one semester spent studying abroad at one of our partner universities is an optional component of the course and depends on your study performance
- training of foreign language skills
- practical experience abroad – academic, personal and intercultural
The courses are held in lecture and seminar format. There are about 30 students per class – this encourages dialogue between professors and students.
Thanks to the internship integrated by the IUBH in your studies, you have the opportunity of trying out your academic knowledge outside the classroom.
You will also get to know the industry and its various specialisations – the perfect basis for your career choice.
- You can spend your internship in Germany or abroad
- The internship lasts a whole semester
- Forge your first contacts in industry
- Include the internship as an important element in your CV
- Make the most of the opportunity of being taken on after graduation by a company from our industry network
Another opportunity to gain practical experience: Extra Curriculum is an optional component of the study programme, and is offered during the first semester.
The programme contains the following:
- Workshops and conferences on and off campus on a variety of topics
- Guest lectures by experts from industry and from the aviation sector
- Excursions to industry-specific companies, for example destination agencies
- or airports
- Students are awarded a certificate for regular attendance – for their CVs
Extra Curriculum gives you additional orientation and insight into the structures of the industry from the very first semester. This is your opportunity to get to know the various forms of business organisation – and thus perhaps also your own future area of specialisation – at first hand.
Students with strong academic performance can optionally spend a semester abroad at one of our partner universities (in-house selection process).Career
Your career prospects in Hospitality Management
After graduation you have a wide range of possibilities for starting your career in Germany or abroad. Potential employers include international hotel chains, holiday and club resorts, conference and trade fair organisers, business consultancies or specialised service providers in the hospitality industry.
Typical employers of an Hospitality Manager are:
- Hotel chains
- Holiday and club resorts
- Congress and fair organiser
- Business Consulting
For example: As a manager in a hotel company you’ll work in human resources, the front office or, after a few years of professional experience, in strategic management. You calculate prices, ensure excellent service quality and create conceptual plans for the hotel’s further development. You can also work in the areas of marketing, sales and public relations or specialise in food & beverages.
The graduates of the IUBH School of Business and Management are in high demand among national and international companies. Thanks to the annual "Career Days" recruiting fair, you can make valuable contacts on the campus of the University to improve your career prospects.Fees
During the optional semester abroad tuition fees are paid to the IUBH – plus any differences in amount resulting from the tuition fees of our partner universities. This is dependent on the respective university and may vary.
Recognition and Accreditation.
The IUBH is a founding member as well as the only German university in the association "Hotel Schools of Distinction" and was the first and only private university to be awarded the UN Seal of Quality UNWTO.TedQual for its degree programmes in tourism. Additional awards and membership round off the quality profile.