.Boulangerie Diploma presentation
Developed by Le Cordon Bleu Paris, the Boulangerie Diploma trains future professionals and entrepreneurs in essential boulangerie techniques, as well as new trends in the field.
Le Cordon Bleu Paris, a private higher education Institute which specializes in Culinary Arts training programmes, offers a career orientated Boulangerie Diploma over a short period of time (6 months) which includes a 2 month internship (compulsory) in a professional setting.
The programme, which has been put together by recognized teaching professionals, encompasses the knowledge and expertise of the boulangerie traditions which contribute to the reputation of France around the world.
The programme is based on understanding, learning and mastering boulangerie techniques. The training programme consists mainly of practical classes. The programme is divided into two levels: Basic and Advanced. There is a mandatory internship.Boulangerie Diploma skills
This Boulangerie programme gives students all the necessary skills to work in a traditional boulangerie or in a production business, both in France and abroad. During this programme, students will:
- Learn to master the main techniques used in artisan boulangerie
- Learn how to organize production and to work as part of a team
- Acquire a repertoire of traditional and modern boulangerie recipes
This Boulangerie programme is bilingual: taught in French and translated into English.
4 intakes per year: January, March, July and SeptemberKey information
: French and EnglishDuration
: 6 months including a 2-month internshipPrice
: 13 000 € (Tuition fees include student uniform and utensils)Hours per week
: 15 to 18 hoursEntry requirements
: applicants must be at least 18 years of age and hold the equivalent of: High School Diploma (USA) (CAD) – High School Certificate (Japan) – GCSEs (UK) – Baccalaureate (France) or other.
Training in boulangerie to become a baker can take several years in France: “CAP Boulanger (Certificat d'aptitude professionnelle)”, “Brevet professionnel (BP)” (A level or Vocational Certificate equivalent) in boulangerie, specialization in boulangerie…
The Institute’s teaching method and equipment enable outstanding professional progress to be made. At the end of the training programme, the student has the necessary knowledge and expertise to take the CAP examination (if they master the French language).
Being a baker requires attention to detail and it is this very technique that I teach my students throughout the programme. For me, the most important thing if you want to be a baker is the ability to share. I believe this is key because this is a profession in which you thrive by sharing.Boulangerie programme details
.Boulangerie Programme structure
The Boulangerie Diploma is divided into two levels: Basic and Advanced. There is a compulsory internship. A certificate is awarded for each level after successful completion of the practical exams. Students, having successfully completed their internship, will also be awarded the Diplôme de Boulangerie by the Fondation Internationale Le Cordon Bleu.BASIC BOULANGERIE CERTIFICATE
To begin their training, students familiarize themselves with the equipment used in boulangerie. After an introduction to the rules of hygiene and baking, students will:
ADVANCED BOULANGERIE CERTIFICATE
- Learn to work with the different types of flour used in France
- Learn the different techniques for kneading dough, manually and three different mechanical kneading methods
- Make bread and viennoiseries (Danish pastries)
- Be introduced to boulangerie decoration
- Be introduced to working with doughs made with a fermented dough starter and a "poolish" (a type of pre-fermentation)
Prerequisite: Basic Boulangerie Certificate Students will learn about different types of fermentation and how flavours develop in bread. Students will learn:
- How to work with liquid and solid natural leavens
- How to work with “farine de tradition” (Traditional flour as defined by French law)
- How to work with puff pastry
- How to make baguettes, brioches, croissants, beignets (fritters and doughnuts), turnovers and derivative products
After successful completion of Basic and Advanced Boulangerie, students are required to carry out a 2-month internship in a boulangerie related business in France.
In order to make the most out of this internship experience, students must speak and understand French.Who is the Boulangerie Diploma for?
- Anyone looking to acquire essential boulangerie theory and practical knowledge
- Professionals looking for a career change who want to work in the boulangerie field
- Anyone looking to work as a baker, whether as an artisan or as an employee in a boulangerie company
After obtaining the Boulangerie Diploma, according to the student's level, possible career opportunities include:
French lessons for students at Le Cordon Bleu Paris
- Pastry Chef
- 'Pastry Tourrier' (specialized in dough making)
- Baker specialized in viennoiseries (Danish pastries)
- Boulangerie Team Leader
So that the international students can settle comfortably into their culinary arts course and to help them along with their studies, research and the smooth running of their internships, Le Cordon Bleu Paris is offering French lessons (FLE – Français Langue Étrangère – French as a foreign language).Lesson objectives
This programme is made up of 3 levels: A1, A2 and B1.
At the end of level A1, the student will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions as well as simple statements in order to satisfy simple practical needs.
- Introduce him/herself or others, ask questions on a one-to-one basis and reply to similar questions.
- Communicate in a simple way providing the other person speaks slowly and is prepared to help.
At the end of level A2, the student will be able to:
- Understand individual sentences and common expressions used in relation to areas of most immediate relevance.
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
At the end of level B1, the student will be able to:
- Understand the main points of clear, standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure activities etc.
- Feel comfortable in most situations likely to arise.
- Express him/herself in simple and coherent terms on general subjects as well as on his/her own personal interests.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and briefly give reasons and explanations for plans and ideas.
A specialised FLE teacher will give the lessons. The educational material is made available for all participants.
After the course, Le Cordon Bleu Paris students will be able to register for the DELF examination at the level of their choice in order to obtain a ‘Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française’ - Diploma in French Language Studies.
Enrolment for French lessons (FLE):
Two courses are available to students before or during their culinary arts programmeNossos pré-requisitos são bastante simples
- Ser de no mínimo 18 anos de idade
- Ser graduada com um diploma do ensino médio
- Falar fluentemente francês ou Inglês
Uma experiência anterior no campo culinário não é obrigatória