.Cuisine training course presentation
Le Cordon Bleu Paris has provided cuisine training programmes for students from all over the world for more than 120 years. This cuisine programme aims to teach students a comprehensive range of cuisine techniques which they can then apply to all types of cuisines.
As such, these lessons provide the perfect opportunity to learn ultimate French cuisine techniques alongside the best cuisine Chefs. Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Diploma teaches students all the traditional French culinary techniques in existence today.
Le Cordon Bleu Paris is a private higher education Institute which specializes in Culinary Arts training programmes leading to the title of professional Chef level 4 (A level or Vocational Certificate equivalent), recognized by the “Commission Nationale de la Certification Professionnelle” (CNCP) (National Commission of Professional Certification) and registered in the “RNCP (Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles)” (National Register of Professional Certification).
Le Cordon Bleu Paris institute Cuisine Diploma, which can be studied in a matter of months, is recognized around the globe by all those who work in the field and accredited in more than 10 countries.
5 intakes per year: January, March, June, September and NovemberKey information
: French and EnglishDuration
: 9 monthsPrice
: 28 850 € (fees include: uniform and equipment)Hours per week
: 18 to 21 hoursEntry requirements
: candidates must be at least 18 years of age and must have obtained the French Baccalaureate or equivalent diploma.
There are various possibilities for those aiming to work in the much sought after roles of cuisine Chef, “chef de partie”, or restaurant owner. In France, there are numerous cuisine training programmes, often over several years, which prepare individuals for the career they are seeking to embark upon.
There are different levels such as the “Brevet Professionnel” (A level or Vocational Certificate equivalent), the “CAP (certificat d'aptitude professionnelle)” in cuisine and the Vocational A level in Cuisine or the restaurant industry.
Throughout Le Cordon Bleu Cuisine Diploma, students are trained in all French cuisine techniques by distinguished Chefs. The programme covers all the French gastronomy techniques necessary for working with a multitude of ingredients and how to adapt them to world cuisines. Programmes are regularly updated to reflect the latest trends.Cuisine Diploma Programme Details
Under the supervision of Chef Instructors, cuisine lessons are divided into two parts:
- Cuisine demonstrations in front of the whole class where students become familiar with cusine techniques taught by the Chefs
- Practical classes where they practise the cuisine techniques learnt during the demonstration at individual work stations
The Cuisine Diploma is awarded when a student has successfully completed all three levels:
- Basic Cuisine level
- Intermediate Cuisine level
- Superior Cuisine level
All cuisine students, even those with professional experience, must start with Basic cuisine level before continuing on to Intermediate and Superior.
For each culinary level successfully completed, students are awarded a certificate to prove their skills. To obtain the Cuisine Diploma, students must successfully complete Superior level.Who is the Diploma aimed at?
- The cuisine training programme is aimed at all those who are passionate about the Culinary Arts whether amateurs or with experience.
- The cuisine programme is for those who want to become highly proficient in cuisine.
- The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step, to become accomplished Chefs and deal with any culinary challenge with which they may be faced.
- This Cuisine Diploma is aimed at both those who have just been awarded a bachelor’s degree, or other graduates, and those looking for a career change or to consolidate their culinary expertise.
Depending on their level, a number of career opportunities exist for Cuisine Diploma graduates including:
5 key steps for registration
- Working in restaurant and hotel kitchens alongside prestigious cuisine chefs, becoming a cuisine chef, taking on responsibilities and the role of cuisine chef
- Becoming a restaurant critic and providing critiques for specialized magazines, culinary blogs and top guides such as the Michelin Guide, Gault et Millau, Zagat, …
- Launching their own business by becoming an entrepreneur and opening a restaurant, a food truck, a new dining concept, …
- Becoming a personal chef and offering a range of gastronomic meals to both individuals and companies for culinary events
- Writing articles for specialized reviews and magazines by becoming a culinary journalist
- Teaching apprentice Chefs by becoming a Chef Instructor
- Working on the aesthetics of dishes: food stylist, food photographer …
- Step 1: preparing the application form to the Cuisine Diploma
- Step 2: sending the application form to the Cuisine Diploma
- Step 3: examination of the application by the Admissions Jury
- Step 4: payment of tuition fees
- Step 5: finalizing registration to the Cuisine Diploma
During examinations, students can choose to write in English or French. It is important, therefore, to have a good level of English or French in order to successfully complete the programme, to understand cuisine vocabulary and to be awarded the diploma.Language
All demonstrations are in French and translated into English by an English speaking translator.French lessons for students at Le Cordon Bleu Paris
So that the international students can settle comfortably into their culinary arts course and to help them along with their studies, research and the smooth running of their internships, Le Cordon Bleu Paris is offering French lessons (FLE – Français Langue Étrangère – French as a foreign language).Lesson objectives
This programme is made up of 3 levels: A1, A2 and B1.
At the end of level A1, the student will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday expressions as well as simple statements in order to satisfy simple practical needs.
- Introduce him/herself or others, ask questions on a one-to-one basis and reply to similar questions.
- Communicate in a simple way providing the other person speaks slowly and is prepared to help.
At the end of level A2, the student will be able to:
- Understand individual sentences and common expressions used in relation to areas of most immediate relevance.
- Communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar topics and activities.
- Describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
At the end of level B1, the student will be able to:
- Understand the main points of clear, standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure activities etc.
- Feel comfortable in most situations likely to arise.
- Express him/herself in simple and coherent terms on general subjects as well as on his/her own personal interests.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions, and briefly give reasons and explanations for plans and ideas.
A specialised FLE teacher will give the lessons. The educational material is made available for all participants.
After the course, Le Cordon Bleu Paris students will be able to register for the DELF examination at the level of their choice in order to obtain a ‘Diplôme d'Études en Langue Française’ - Diploma in French Language Studies.
Enrolment for French lessons (FLE):
Two courses are available to students before or during their culinary arts programmeNossos pré-requisitos são bastante simples
- Ser de no mínimo 18 anos de idade
- Ser graduada com um diploma do ensino médio
- Falar fluentemente francês ou Inglês
Uma experiência anterior no campo culinário não é obrigatória