Marketing Analytics (M.A.)
: Degree Master of ArtsDuration of Study
: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS
3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTSECTS
: 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)Location
: Munich, Cologne, Hamburg and BerlinLanguage
: EnglishApplication process
: University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS and an average grade of at least 2.5, TOEFL test (at least 81 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable, curriculum vitae – signed personally, letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer), personal motivation statement, personal interview with a selection panel/skype interview for international students
Open Media Master M.A., Specialisation Marketing Analytics (M.A.)
Do you want to become a big data expert for the marketing in all branches of economy? Your job in a company, a research institute or a specialized agency as a marketing analytics manager is to analyse and interpret big data for marketing issues.
The evolution of information technology and especially data storage increased the importance of data based decisions. Marketing is based on customer and market insight data. Data processing and analytics enable decision makers to use different kinds of information mutually for the success of their organizations.
Students acquire necessary skills to identify relevant data sets for marketing decisions. Furthermore, they learn how to collect, structure, and analyze the data. Finally, they develop skills to present the results to different decision making bodies.
The hands on approach to marketing analytics brings current issues of big data and real cases from the media business to the classroom. Established businesses are as important as start-up business for the application of the skills. Students gain expertise in marketing analytics through specialized courses and projects as well as through the topic of their Master’s thesis.Potential careers with this M.A
Prerequisites and Pre-Semester course
- Data Analyst
- Market Research Expert
- Forecasting Expert
- Marketing Consultant
To begin a master’s programme, you require at least 210 ECTS. If you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, Macromedia University offers the option of obtaining the extra 30 ECTS needed in a Pre-Semester course.
The Pre-Semester course is an attendance-based course that starts in the winter semester to ensure you can begin the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15*
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide**
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities
The Media School trains personalities who can operate in a global market and work in transnational and transcultural projects. The international orientation is therefore promoted on two levels: through intercultural exchange and projects in teaching and research. International projects and case studies encountered by students as they study show how global standards become established on a regional level. A TV format, for example, or a video game, work differently in Japan than in Germany.