Master Courses - Rome
9th edition - The Master course in Arts Management is a 11-month full-immersion interdisciplinary course, that is truly featured by a unique itinerant formula. The study plan takes place in three different prestigious locations, Florence, Rome and Venice, to engage students in a grand tour of contemporary art, with a focus on the jobs of the future.
The Master course builds a central figure for the life of cultural institutions who deals with art project management. This professional is capable of identifying innovative content, structuring a comprehensive event schedule, planning and developing fundraising events and resource management.Career Opportunities
- At the end of the course, students could work in arts and cultural companies and foundations, in national and international cultural institutions and profit or non-profit cultural organisations. They can also work in the areas related to contemporary art and with enterprises investing in the cultural market as banks, insurance companies, event management companies, trade fair organisations, art foundations, exhibition production companies, or in companies operating in the communication world.
The Partnerships with Cultural institutions as Fondazione Palazzo Strozzi, MIBAC, Federculture e Peggy Guggenheim Collection ensure a unique experience in the art field.Duration
: 11 monthsAttendance
Get an insight: find out more about Master's activitiesTarget
- This study path is open to graduates in humanities and artistic fields coming from all over the world who want to develop their artistic knowledge through a study-tour that touches the main Italian artistic cities.Methodology and structure
- The Master in Arts Management is divided into two operational modules, characterised by a distinct course of study in relation to the city in which it takes place, each involving an examination and a Final Project. Some of the subjects of the course cross the modules, while others are specific and unique to each location.
FLORENCE - Design of exhibitions and events
The module focuses on developing specific skills to manage the different organisational phases of a Cultural event: from the design to the identification of partners and sponsors, to communication management and content creation. As a group, with the support of teachers and the course coordinator, students will plan and create one or more cultural events with real clients.
ROME - Art Direction: focus on festivals
The goal of this module is to develop a new approach to artistic heritage management. The Master’s semester in Rome combines the huge culture at international level with the vivacity of the backgrounds that characterises its urban culture. With the support of new technologies, students will explore possible cultural convergences that stimulate interest and participation.
VENICE - 1 week workshop
In partnership with the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, students will participate in a one-week workshop in Venice. They will visit the main institutions and meet the professionals of the Peggy Guggenheim.Subjects
- History of Visual Arts - Florence
- Museum Management - Florence
- Museography - Florence
- Focus on Contemporary Rome and Performing Arts History - Rome
- Lateral Thinking Lab - Rome
- Peggy Guggenheim Experience in Venice
- New Business Lab - Rome
- Strategic Design for Cultural Project - Rome
- Cultural Marketing: Strategic Planning and Promotion - Florence-Rome
- Cultural Project Management - Rome
- Cultural Project Management - Florence
- Event Concept and Kick-off - Florence
- Event Operation Planning and Management – Florence
Fundraising and Cultural Project
- European Grants - Florence
- Crowdfunding - Rome