Digital Fabrication and Media.
Master Courses - Madrid
Digital Fabrication has enabled the leap from industrial manufacturing –which is hard to access- to affordable and accessible personal fabrication to allow for rapid prototyping in the development of projects.
With this course, you will learn to handle a digital workflow, in both the design and prototyping stages, learning to distinguish between different manufacturing processes for prototyping and designing your projects efficiently and quickly.
You will also learn to make your designs "smart" by equipping them with connectivity, interaction and responsive design. You will learn to do this in four steps: integration of electronics in the design, programming electronics, mechanical outputs so that your projects "do things" and interaction between your projects and their environment.
You will learn while you work on your projects, through learning by doing, combined with the knowledge offered by the best international faculty and the facilities of the Fab Lab IED Madrid, which you will have free access to all day long, so you can work on your prototypes and experiments.
START DATE: OCTOBER
• Understand manufacturing processes and contemporary rapid prototyping
• Develop your creativity and ability to solve design problems while providing specific solutions to real manufacturing problems
• Lend your projects the ability to interact and respond to the environment around them
• Enhance your digital representation skills and computer modeling.
• Understand difficulties of bringing a product to market.
• Obtain a roadmap of the many processes of technological development that are emerging and learn to incorporate them into your projects.
• Design lead
• Process and Prototyping manager
• Product engineering
• Product specialist
• Embedded designer and developer
• Fab Lab Manager
• Workshop and facilities manager
Contact classes: 19.00 to 22.30h (2 days a week)
Online lessons: 16:00 to 20:00h (Fr) | 10:00 to 14:00h. (Sat)
Intensive attendance-based Workshop: 1 weekend/month