.Master Courses - Barcelona
The Master in Fashion Management teaches experts all about innovation in the world of fashion including project management, strategy planning and the basic principles of business management.
This course provides the theoretical and practical know-how to overcome today’s fashion market challenges and efficiently manage the full cycle – from the product’s conceptualisation all the way to the shelf and into the customer’s shopping bag. As well as talks, conferences and workshops, the course includes two trips to cities around Europe such as Florence or Paris, ending with a final personal research project.
Fashion is a complex system and clothing is just a part of it. In this context, the role of a fashion manager is to identify the target’s needs and turn them into opportunities bearing in mind production, distribution, branding, marketing, communication and service.Credits
: 11 monthsAttendance
The course is taught by a faculty body of practitioners from Fashion & Business, through the analysis of case studies and the execution of real-industry projects commissioned either by multinational companies competing in the global economy, or local companies competing in the international markets. All the contents, methodologies and tools are taught from the specificity of the fashion industry. This approach facilitates the training in decision making, placing the students in a real context for innovation and experimentation.
The Personal Research Project is is the culmination Master.Objectives
- Overcome disciplinary boundaries in order to grow into key drivers of organizational success.
- Develop students’ understanding of the complete ecosystem behind fashion business, to make them capable to face the actual fashion market challenges, adding value to their previously acquired professional knowledge and skills.
- Develop into leaders capable of combining creativity, managerial skills and entrepreneurial mindsets within the constraints of Fashion Business realities.
- Make future Fashion managers understand the power of developing strategies, creating brands, and delivering products and services successfully centred in the consumer.
- Provide students with Fashion and Business Management tools.
- Develop proficiency in using the tools provided. Expand the students’ roles and capabilities in working with innovation teams.
- Encourage critical thinking.
The master recognizes and welcomes students from a range of backgrounds: graduates in disciplines of business areas, commercial, marketing and communication, fashion design and mass distribution; or professionals in the eld of business management, the retail or fashion industry in general, and theoretical elds, interested in implementing and leading innovative projects in the context of the fashion market.Job Opportunities
Students who take this Master will add value to their professional experience integrating multidisciplinary teams or independently innovative undertaking their own business; they can develop their career in the areas of project management and strategy in companies related to the fashion area and retail.
The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master is a private degree.Subjects
- Fashion Expertise
- Professional Skills
- Fashion Management Common Module