Master in Graphic Design - Focus on New Media
Master Courses - Florence
11th edition - The Master course in Graphic Design offers a high level of professional preparation which is based on the design method, the mastery of technical and technological skills and the continuous updating about the latest market demands.
Besides a strong cultural background on the roots and evolutions of design and visual communication, our students receive a constant training on the most used and advanced software thanks to the development of many projects. They work side by side with Italian and international companies involved in different fields in order to gain as much experience as possible on the graphic design's contemporary scenario.
A Graphic Designer graduated from this Master course is particularly involved in social issues and communication ethics, manages the creative process at its best and is ready to satify the needs of the brands he/she works for with a personal expressive touch.
- Duration: 10 months
- Attendance: full-time
- Language: English
Get an insight: find out more about Master's activities
- The Master is tailored for graduates or professionals in graphic, architecture, design, fine arts and advertising. Participants with a professional (two years minimum) experience in the fields of management, communication, marketing, public relations or visual communications (graphic, product, interior, advertising, photography, web or social) are also welcome.
- The Graphic Designer works in advertisement and communication companies, web agencies, publishing houses or as a freelancer in his own facility ; he is able to interact with multiple clients in different fields thanks to a developed versatility. This professional figure, in fact, has the necessary tools to keep updated and anticipate the times, offering innovative solutions to his clients.
Methodology and structure
- The Master has a complete and articulate programme thanks to a balanced didactic structure, organized in three main areas: cultural, project and media design.
The cultural area includes historical, methodological and communication modules and allows students to acquire notions and an effective methodology suitable for different kinds of projects.
The Project area enables participants to deal with the development of a project in different design contexts, ranging from creative thinking to branding strategies, from software frameworks to printing phases.
The Media Design area focuses on the new technologies in design, allowing students to experiment with the ever evolving techniques of the contemporary digital scene.
Classes consist of working on the basis of real briefs which are inserted from the start in a context that reconstructs the dynamics of companies, studios and institutions. Professors are selected from experts and professionals in the respective fields of teaching.
In the last editions, the Master course hosted some exceptional guest speakers such as:
David Moretti - Art Director WIRED Magazine
Marco Cendron - Creative Director with previous collaborations for Mondadori / ROLLING STONE Italy / GQ Italy
Riccardo Luna - Innovation Editor for the newspapaer La Repubblica.
- History of Design and Communication
- Marketing and Public Speaking
- Account Management & Professional Development
- Visual Communication
- Creative Advertising
- Sociology and Ethics in Communication
Techniques and tools
- Color & Print - Printing Technologies: Pre-Press
- Typography and Font Creation
- Graphic Design Advanced
- Media Design
- Creative Process
- Corporate Identity and Coordinate Image
- Creative Advertising
- Publishing Design
- Packaging and Merchandising
- Final Project