Master in Media and Entertainment Management
Master - Rome
This master aims to train executives and entrepreneurs (incl. startuppers) able to operate efficiently in Media & Entertainment (M&E) sectors; the approach is cross-sectoral, in order to exploit the synergies among the different sectors and to be competitive in this newly convergent scenario.
The covered sectors are: Film/TV/Transmedia, Videogames, Publishing, Music, Communication, Web-based Companies, Experience Economy (e.g. museums, thematic parks, events).
The master’s professors work for, or own, leading firms, such as Cinecittà World (one of the main theme parks in Europe), Saatchi & Saatchi (the Italian branch of this multinational of communication) and Ariadne Capital (a vibrant investment firm based in London). They will guide you through an exciting journey, facing real market challenges and working closely with your colleagues. You will finish the course with a project, being a startup initiative, an upgrade for your own business or a proposal for a corporation.
Start Date: Enero de 2017
The Master in Media and Entertainment Management is designed for students holding a bachelor’s degree or young professionals willing to boost their careers. The English language requirement is B2.
Business Administration skills or a specific knowledge of the Media & Entertainment industries are not necessary however students that have such know-how may go deeper and dedicate more time to project development.
The sectors where you can operate are:
- Film/TV/Transmedia (e.g. production company, pay-tv operator)
- Videogames (e.g. developer, publisher)
- Publishing (e.g. publisher, online and offline retailer)
- Music (e.g. label, publisher)
- Communication (e.g. agency)
- Web-based companies and ICT (e.g. online retailer, thematic portal)
- Venues (e.g. cinema, museum, thematic park)
- Venture Capitals, public agencies and consulting companies focused on those sectors
As an executive, you can work mainly in the following departments: production, marketing & communication, strategy, finance, business affairs and institutional relations. As your career progresses, you can occupy General Management positions.
As an entrepreneur/startupper, you can develop and manage your own company, adopting a Business to Consumer (B2C) or a Business to Business (B2B) model, or a combination of both.Subjetcs
- Media & Entertainment introduction
- Business model canvas, business plan and pitch building
- Development, production, distribution and consumption
- Financial frame
- Business affairs
- Digital communication
Labs and Final Project