Master in Interior Design for Commercial Spaces
Master Courses - Barcelona
The Master in Interior Design for Commercial Spaces has been designed for dynamic professionals with global responsibilities or those destined to assume such responsibilities and aiming to study while continuing their successful careers.
The programme, IED Barcelona and its international network of classmates and alumni provide our students with access to the most enlightened ideas, ground-breaking research and innovative international creative business practices.
The course focuses on developing leadership processes in innovation, creativity and the management of retail projects and commercial malls, in addition to training professional teams to generate future commercial contexts. The various broad disciplines to be addressed in this Master’s course has been structured around the design of the purchase experience by the user and the design of experiences by the employee. These transversal experiences are to be designed in commercial spaces by providing branding with a prominent crosscutting role within the content.
This is why an interdisciplinary professional profile is required. A profile with management skills to help represent and present viable, differentiated solutions in various commercial contexts, alongside a grounding in the basics, methodologies and graphic tools of industrial and interior design.
Start date: January
Duration: 6 months
- To examine the current context of designing commercial spaces from a transversal, interdisciplinary perspective.
- To provide student with the basics of business design.
- To provide students with the various methodologies, techniques, physical elements and digital programs that comprise the tools of commercial communication.
- To approach the Master in an eminently practical manner and complete a final term project by developing a commercial space.
- To provide students with the leadership skills, planning and management of methodological processes and teams that comprise showcase spaces.Methodology
The Master is structured around a theoretical/practical teaching programme focused on completing two projects: an initial basic introductory project and a second comprehensive commercial space design project.Students Profile
Graduates from various disciplines and professionals aiming to focus their profile towards areas related to the development and/or management of design for commercial spaces.
Creative profiles interested in understanding design as a springboard for innovation to address new channels of on/off marketing.Professional Opportunities
After completing the Master in Interior Design for Commercial Spaces, students acquire the skills to develop themselves professionally in commercial spaces, design consultancies and departments, in addition to as technicians and as regards innovation and with the ability to develop their own retail related projects and business ideas.
They are trained to manage and lead design and innovation teams in companies and prepared to add value to design studios and/or generate their own professional path by creating an innovative business or their own creative project linked to designing commercial spaces.Coordinators
Degree in Industrial Design from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona. Degree in Industrial and Graphic Design from Escola Massana, graduating with Honours. Professional activities related to the “Strategic Management of Corporate Brand Management”. Owner of brandcelona®, International Retail Consultancy. Winner of a “WorldStar of Packaging” Award for Packaging Excellence, Basel 2004; “Imagineering” first-prize winner from DuPont Engineering Polymers Europa, Frankfurt 2000, among other national and international awards.Duration and frequency
Start: January 16th 2020
Frequency: 6 months
Timetable: Monday to Friday from 6.30 p.m to 10.40 p.m.
* The educational planning for all IED Master courses is aligned with the criteria established by the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). The IED Master program has adopted a credit structure that follows the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). The IED Master issues private degrees.