Mestrado em Economia GlobalR$ 39.190,00
A economia global é um campo complexo e desafiador. Este Mestrado em Economia Global, ministrado por especialistas reconhecidos internacionalmente em suas áreas, considera as complexidades e explora os desafios ligados ao tema. Este programa é único nesta área, uma vez que você não precisa de ter uma graduação em economia ou administração para se candidatar.
This programme asks you to engage with a number of fundamental questions:
- What does the global economy look like?
- What are the patterns and directions of international trade, investment and migration?
- How has the global economy developed over time?
- What is the impact of globalisation on how people live their lives?
- What opportunities and challenges exist in the global economy?
- What is the role of governments: at regional, national and supra-national levels; in mediating or regulating the global economy?
- You will gain a broad understanding of current economic and business policy issues in the context of a rapidly changing and dynamic global environment; and a secure and critical grasp of the extent, causes and implications of a more fully integrated world economy, which equips you to play key leadership roles in corporate, non-governmental organisations or policy-driven environments.
- You will benefit from the extensive use of a range of social science approaches, techniques and vocabulary: including those derived from economics, management, law and political science; but no prior specialist training or expertise is required.
- You will be taught by a unique grouping of highly talented academics whose interests span the disciplines of business, economics, politics, social science and social policy, but whose core mission is to provide real-world as well as historical context to help develop understanding of current issues and problems.
MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
You will study core courses and two optional courses and undertake a dissertation during the final phase of the programme. You will attend lectures, seminars and tutorials and take part in project and team work. You will benefit from our programme of guest seminars.
- The globalised economy
- Business in the global economy
- Poverty and inequality in the modern world
- Social science statistics.
Optional courses (two chosen)
There is a wide range of options available within the School of Social & Political Sciences. The range of courses available may change from year to year, but may include:
- Globalisation of banking and financial institutions
- Globalisation and labour
- Technology transfer in a globalised world
- International economic relations since 1945
- The EU in international politics and development.
Career opportunities include positions in global economics, foreign trade, international NGOs and policy environments.
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
What can you expect from us?
Our integrity means that we’re committed to truth, fairness and respect. It also goes some way to explain how our many thousands of staff, students and collaborators work together and fit together to make something unique and whole. Put simply – because we co-operate, we can offer more.
Across the world, people look to us for leadership in learning and research. Our credibility is built on innovation, on academic rigour, and on the way we work together to find creative solutions to the problems facing mankind today. This means that if you choose to work or study with us, you can gain from the passion and expertise of some of the world’s leading researchers.
We know that it’s possible to be in the world’s top 1% of universities without being elitist. Being part of Glasgow isn’t about fitting some sort of criteria. It’s about what you want to achieve and who you want to be. We embrace diversity, and we value and respect the contributions of all of our colleagues and students.
We believe in striving towards a goal and achieving it; in realising ambition through honest hard work, commitment and determination. Every day we’re making progress, every day we’re achieving more, and we’ll support you to do the same.