Pós-graduação em Finanças e Desenvolvimento Econômico
Este programa de Pós-graduação oferece treinamento para aqueles interessados em questões financeiras e de desenvolvimento em governos, bancos centrais e organizações internacionais, incluindo bancos comerciais e empresas.
- Every year a few students from this programme may be selected to collaborate with major development organisations including DFiD and Oxfam as part of their MSc dissertation.
- You will be encouraged to attend our annual series of practitioners’ talks and annual Economics seminar series.
- The programme is offered by the Centre for Development Studies, a leading institution in the UK for postgraduate study and research in the area of economic development.
- Economics in the Business School at Glasgow is ranked in the top 10% worldwide in the fields of central banking, economics of strategic management, European economics, efficiency and productivity, international finance, international trade, macroeconomics, monetary economics, open macroeconomics, public economics, and transition economics; we are ranked in the top 25% of institutions worldwide in economics research.
Teaching is based on formal lectures of two hours per week which also allow opportunities for class discussion. Some courses also involve lab sessions with students using specialised software, for instance in the study of econometrics.
You will take four compulsory courses and select three optional courses from the list below. MSc candidates also write a 12,000-15,000-word dissertation.
- Growth and development
- Money, finance and growth
- Financial institutions and markets in developing countries.
- Research methods and dissertation training.
- Aid and development
- Basic econometrics
- Development policy
- Environmental economics
- Financial sector stability and growth
- Foreign direct investment and development
- International finance and money
- International macro economics and policy
- International trade
- Project planning, appraisal and implementation
- The Economics of Inequality and Deprivation
- The IMF, World Bank and economic growth.
This programme is designed for those intending to pursue careers in teaching and/or research in the general field of economic development or the specialist areas offered as elective subjects; government officials wishing to expand their knowledge of various aspects of economic development; those working in this subject area in international agencies or in other organisations concerned with economic development.
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in economics or in a relevant subject containing a significant amount of economics.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
Students take three compulsory courses and select three elective courses from the list below. MSc candidates also write a 12,000-15,000-word dissertation. Students are required to attend the course - Research Methods and Dissertation Training - in preparation for writing the dissertation.
The programme of study leading to the degree of MSc Finance and Economic Development is designed for:
- those intending to pursue careers in teaching and/or research in the general field of economic development or the specialist areas offered as elective subjects;
- government officials wishing to expand their knowledge of various aspects of economic development;
- those working in this subject area in international agencies or in other organisations concerned with economic development.
Comments from students
Syed Kazim, 2007/2008
"Studying on the MSc Finance and Economic Development was useful for enhancing my research skills as well as my interest which seemed missing from my first degree."
Ayodeji E Ogedengbe, 2008/2009
"If anyone is looking for a school with a reputation that is unbeatable, then the University of Glasgow is the place to be. With a friendly atmosphere, you have the best opportunity to be connected to your future prospects. The amazing thing that I find very interesting is the ready-made support you receive on any kind of issue you can think of by professionals and it comes right on time. I think this experience is one of the best things that has happened to me. Glasgow is the best place for studies because everything that makes you comfortable is accessible."
Morolake Marcelyn Olagbemi, 2008/2009
"I am glad to have this golden opportunity to study in the University of Glasgow. It is a place for academic excellence with highly-skilled and friendly staff in a very conductive environment. I would gladly recommend the University to anyone because of its international reputation and value for money."